Policy and Objectives
The Policy and objectives of the Software Technology Parks of India are:
The concept of STP Scheme was evolved in 1991 and enunciated the following objectives:
- To establish and manage infrastructure resources such as Data Communication facilities, Core Computer facilities, built-up space and other common amenities.
- To provide 'single window' statutory services such as project approvals, import certification software valuation and certification of exports for software exporters.
- To promote development and export of software services through technology assessments, market analyses, market segmentation and marketing support.
- To train professionals and to encourage design and development in the field of software technology and software engineering.
- To promote the development and export of software and software services including Information Technology (IT) Enabled Services/ Bio-IT.
- To provide statutory and other promotional services to the exporters by implementing Software Technology Park/ Electronics and Hardware Technology Park Schemes and other such schemes which may be formulated and entrusted by the Government from time to time.
- To provide data communication services including value added services to IT / IT Enabled Services related industries.
- To promote micro, small and medium entrepreneurs by creating conducive environment for entrepreneurship in the field of IT / IT Enabled Services.